Blog

Thursday 17 May 2007

Customizing the Flash Video Player

Just thought I'd do a quick post to let you know what I'm up to. I've been experimenting with flash video recently and have created a custom flash player. I realised there is a lot to video encoding and formatting I knew relatively little about before embarking on this current project. I have, however, learnt quite a lot of nifty techniques along the way and am over the moon with the outcome. I will be posting the player here to view once the site goes live and will probably do a bit of a tutorial as well.

Useful references:


Nice player examples:


Veoh's player is very Windows Media Player 11 in style and has a nice 'Options' interface.



This Viddler player is of particular interest as it allows the viewer to add tags to specific points on the video timeline.

0 comments: