Blog

Wednesday 14 March 2007

Firebug - Web Devlopment Evolved

'Web Devlopment Evolved' is a pretty bold statement but from what I have seen so far it seems a pretty fair comment. I am a designer first, a still learning front end developer second, but already I have reaped the benefits this tool has to offer making development so much quicker and easier.

The tool (available for Firefox) allows you to inspect elements on the page and alter values on the fly to see the impact it has. Obviously, the changes can't be saved to the original source file to keep any changes made but you can see changes as you do them and then alter the markup afterwards. It sees the end of background: red;.

There is still so much to learn about this great tool and I sadly missed a talk last night at Geekup, Manchester where they went over some useful features. I think it will be around for a while and, unbelievably but thankfully, it's free. When discussing it with my wife's brother last night we talked of how it is probably the only free tool he will probably ever make a substantial donation to the author purely for the impact it has on development and testing.

Get Firebug

0 comments: