Blog

Thursday 15 May 2008

Book cover design

As well as being a Graphic & interactive Designer I am also a budding novelist and have completed my first, full length young adult fantasy fiction novel which I am currently revising. I created a cover to go with my book and although it is seen as not very professional to include your own artwork when submitting manuscripts I wanted to do one anyway for the fun of it.

The original idea and design came from Reece over at CFH and I have refined it and created the book name and added some colour etc. I have included the original Reece did and my near-final one to show how a design can evolve from a simple idea.

If you want to learn more visit my Creative Writing network where you can find extracts.

Initial concept:



Development:



Finished thing:

1 comments:

Wedding-Calligrapher said...

That's stunning. Wow.